Best RV Shower Heads
If you have an RV and would like it to be as advanced and complete it can be, you should consider making an investment in the best shower head for your RV – this is the key to getting a superb showering experience while away from home. It has to be noticed that the showerhead for RVs is a bit like those that you often can find in the bathrooms at home.
Those typical plastic shower heads can often be of poor quality and not worth the plastic they are made of. Therefore, if you’re searching for a substitute RV shower head, this is the place for you. Below you can find our handpicked selection of the absolute best RV showerheads available today.
This list includes something for any camper, no matter what your particular needs and tastes may be. All of them are long-lasting, reasonably priced, and provide a good balance of all the key features, so you will have a significantly better showering experience.
About the author. Max Welder is a mechanic enthusiast. Currently, working at a small company. Experienced in electronics, car tools and security systems. In his spare time, he writes articles for various blogs. Read More…
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for helping us do what we love.
RV Shower Head Best Choice
Reviews of low flow shower heads
Best Shower Heads for RV
Delta Faucet 7-Spray Touch-Clean Hand Held Shower Head with Hose
Avanti 2-Door Apartment Size Refrigerator
Oxygenics Brushed Nickel Body Spa RV Shower Kit
ETL Body Spa Oxygenics Shower
Oxygenics Fury Hand Held Sprayer Kit
Niagara Earth Massage Handheld
All our reviews are based only on expert judgment or practical experience with most of the RV shower head we consider. We strive to ensure that our leadership is independent and as detailed as possible.
Best low flow showerheads
When searching for the finest Delta showerhead at an affordable price, you should take into consideration our top option, the Delta Faucet 75700 handheld showerhead. For a significantly cheaper cost, you get a showerhead that has seven different spray modes, massage nozzles, as well as an appealing chrome surface.
You can pick from full body shower, wide full body shower, massage jet, whole-body shower with massage, streaming shower, and energy-saving shower spray modes, plus a delay feature to accommodate all of your showering necessities. The massage jets revitalize and relieve aching muscles. The pause feature lets you conserve water and keep showering using the exact same water temperature.
This Delta product offers touch-clean spray openings that can be gently wiped to avoid mineral deposits. The handheld spray of this showerhead also makes it ideal for cleaning pets or beloved ones. We noticed, however, that the hose is possibly made of low-quality materials, which results in a deficiency of its flexibility and complicates the use of the hand shower.
- 7 powerful spray options
- Massaging jets
- Easy to clean
- Intensely powerful
- Well-polished finish
Dependable and durable
- Rigid hose
It has an elegant and stylish design that allows RV users to save water. This is mainly due to the fact that the pressure relief is extremely efficient. This showerhead also features an impressive water flow rate. In addition, it has a high volume of jet or air.
Another good thing is the improved 2xp turbocharger, which you can expect to work on the principle of saving water. Many features and characteristics are also present in this product, including the 59-inch hose, pipe clock, Teflon tape, and bracket provided.
- Powerful spray shooting with PAUSE setting.
- Instantly increase your showering water flow pressure.
- Multi-functions for an alternative option.
- High-strength water pause impact to relax RV Showering experience.
- Flexible hose.
- Affordable cost
- Convenient user guide
- Outstanding operation and versatility
- The switch level needs to be remodeled
- A number of showerheads start to leak over time
The Oxygenics BodySpa RV hand shower (26481) adds oxygen to the water to enhance the spray speed and is thus in a position to ensure a high flow in more typical settings.
Would you like to have an individualized experience in the shower too? In that case, you’ll be pleased to hear that you are able to change between soft, soothing jets and vibrant, pulsating jets when you use the Oxygenics showerhead. The easy-to-use push-button control allows you to set the water flow to suit your preferences.
Moreover, the Oxygenics showerhead comes with a SmartPause valve that restricts the flow and minimizes water usage.
That’s the reason why the Oxygenics BodySpa RV Hand Shower (26481) is lavished with compliments in many RV showerhead reviews. The Oxygenics BodySpa RV Hand Shower (26481) is designed to withstand long use, so RVers will be able to use it in a multitude of setups.
- Widens coverage while minimizing water use and extending the life of water tanks.
- Non-stick internal parts prevent mineral buildup and clogging, even in hard water conditions.
- Reduces shower time with a special spray pattern.
- Adjustable operations
- Highly responsive customer service
- Agile setup process
- Slightly costly
Among the best qualities is the customizable comfort control. It means you can set the degree of comfort (for example, soft or energizing) yourself. It operates on the basis of a proprietary technology that efficiently raises the oxygen content in the water.
- Patented technology increases oxygen content in your water.
- Comfort control adjusts from soft to stimulating.
- No clogging guaranteed.
- Includes wand, 60 inch hose, wand holder, comfort regulator, washers, teflon tape, and easy installation instructions
- Outstanding printing
- Straightforward construction
- Great features for the price
- Quality control has to be enhanced
- New hoses often feel stiff to the touch
The Oxygenics Fury RV handheld showerhead (92781) is equipped with non-slip handles to ensure campers have a firm grip on it while showering. Also, the Oxygenics shower head is for sale along with an extended hose that provides it with superior reach in most situations. For this reason, the 92781 is a must-have for campers looking for a more enjoyable experience in the shower.
In terms of budget considerations, the Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Showerhead (92781) is a bit more expensive, but its features live up to the price tag. Since the Oxygenics showerhead has a number of spray modes, it is one of the best showerheads for RV trips that offer a great party.
The toggle switch gives everyone the ability to switch between the different spray modes at will. 92781 also has a top-notch flow control that allows the user to adjust the water flow rapidly.
In conclusion, when it comes to setting, Oxygenics Fury RV Hand Shower (92781) is definitely the best RV shower money can buy. Regarding the surface, Oxygenics has enabled its RV showerhead in chrome, brushed nickel, and white.
- Non-stick internal parts prevent clogging or corrosion for consistent performance.
- Designed to achieve maximum performance within tank size and pressure limits.
- Includes wall mount and plumber’s tape for seamless installation.
- Designed to achieve maximum performance within tank size and pressure limits.
- Includes a 72″ hose to easily reach anywhere in the shower.
- Multipurpose and versatile hose
- Straightforward fitting
- Outstanding adjustability
- Particular components have to be reinforced
By integrating a flow compensator, the Niagara Earth Massage hand shower provides excellent water pressure while reducing water consumption. In addition, the Niagara showerhead is non-vented, so heat loss is negligible when bathing with hot water.
Therefore, the Niagara Earth Massage Hand Shower is appreciated by many campers who want to minimize their operating costs.
Niagara Earth Massage Hand Shower Head is made of ABS thermoplastic to resist shock, vibration, rust, and so on. For this reason, the Niagara hand shower works in many conditions. Besides, the Niagara Earth Massage hand shower head is designed to be self-cleaning, so you don’t need to worry about maintenance.
As for installation, setting up the Niagara shower head is basically a breeze since you only need to use your hands.
Therefore, the Niagara shower head gives peace of mind to RV lovers.
- Flow-compensating technology conserves water and saves money while enhancing pressure, performance, and appearance.
- 9-jet turbo massage is adjustable.
- Saves 40% more energy and water.
- Non-removable flow compensator.
- Non-aerating spray means less temperature loss.
- Self-cleaning and maintenance-free.
- Installs easily, by hand, and without tools.
- Corrosion-resistant high-impact ABS thermoplastic body.
- Lightweight and robust
- Swift installation
- Comforting guarantee
- Occasional leak
- Dock portion is barely acceptable
Best RV shower head buying guide: Crucial factors for the buying process
A simple showerhead could be perfect for you, while others could potentially need a bit more due to unique demands, like washing long hair or being more multi-purpose to fit many users. As the market for the best shower heads for RVs is extensive and diverse, picking the perfect one will come based on your own needs. To prevent you from opting for a substandard model, you require to be aware of the below-listed criteria and remember them in the back of your mind.
Flow rate is usually expressed in GPM (Gallons Per Minute) and enables RV owners to gauge the water usage of showerheads. When the flow rate goes up, the water usage also increases correspondingly, thus you have to choose wisely.
To conserve water and reduce your electric bill, consider a showerhead that has a low flow rate. Normally, models with a flow rate of approximately 1.5 to 2.0 GPM will be the most suitable option, as they provide comfortable showering while not using a lot of water. A shower head for domestic use normally has a flow rate of 2 GPM or more, but a flow rate that high in your system might not be preferable.
Furthermore, some U.S. states, including California, New York, and Colorado, restrict the flow rate of showerheads to 2.0 GPM to save water. In 2018, California reduced the maximum flow rate for showerheads from 2.0 GPM to 1.8 GPM, and this could be the near-term trend in some other states.
Overall, water pressure varies considerably from campsite to campsite, so be sure to pick a showerhead that guarantees steady pressure. By installing this type of shower head in your RV’s bathroom, you will have a pleasant showering experience regardless of location.
Just like a vacuum cleaner provides more suction power if the opening is smaller, a shower head with narrower openings, particularly if they are placed in a closer pattern, will be able to boost water pressure while still providing a satisfying showering experience. A good RV showerhead ought to enhance water pressure to some extent relative to the confines of your water pump.
Take your tastes into consideration, and you should be fine to choose a model to fit your tastes. Do not settle on a buy if you do not feel confident that the desired showerhead is capable of steadying the water pressure.
Simply put, the hose length of a shower head is crucial to its handling in use. Therefore, when evaluating showerheads available on the market, you should pay attention to how long the hoses are.
Nowadays, the hose length of typical shower heads for RVs ranges from 60 to 70 inches. To choose a more suitable model, you need to use the dimensions of your bathroom as a reference point.
Particularly practical features
- Swiveling shower head: many of the best-rated shower heads for RVs have a shower head that swivels 360 degrees, so you can control exactly where the spray is directed. This way, you can better adjust the showerhead to your body so that you get completely soaked and there are no dry spots. For example, if you have broad shoulders, turn the shower head horizontally and point it outward. If you are tall and slender, place the head vertically and tilt both heads slightly downward. Another advantage is that a swivel shower head makes cleaning the bath or shower much easier if you do not buy a hand shower.
- Anti-clogging function: It is certainly disappointing to enter the bathroom and look forward to a refreshing shower, only to find that the showerhead is clogged. That’s why you should definitely look for showerheads that come with a built-in anti-clogging function.
They eliminate limescale buildup and ensure that the shower heads will work trouble-free for years to come. To be on the safe side, you should read some customer reviews to find out if the anti-clogging feature of the models you are considering actually works.
- Water-saving feature: hot water while camping is valuable, especially if you’re staying in a remote location. Therefore, the best shower heads for RVs are the ones that use less water without reducing water pressure, so you save precious hot water and still get a good rinse.
- Pause/stop function: you don’t have to buy a shower head designed exclusively for RVs. As long as the flow rate meets local regulations, there’s no problem. One handy feature you definitely need is a pause/stop function. If you’re buying a new replacement shower for your RV, this feature should be at the top of your priority list.
If you love your current showerhead but it doesn’t have a pause/stop feature and you want to upgrade it, you can save money by retrofitting an inline pause vent. However, the best showerhead for RVs that has a pause/stop function as well as additional water-saving features and other amenities is not expensive, so more and more campers are opting for a new multi-purpose showerhead to soap up more conveniently.
- Different spray patterns and covers: The best shower head for RVs should have a variety of comfort controls that allow the spray to be adjusted to best suit the rinsing task at hand, such as washing long hair. A rain shower spray is wide enough to soak and coat the entire body from top to bottom. It is therefore popular with campers who want to soap up their hair and body and then rinse off both at the same time, such as men or women with short hair. For those with thicker and/or longer hair who need a more targeted water spray, a massage spray should quickly rinse out the shampoo and also treat sore muscles.
Different spray patterns also allow you to treat your face and body differently. For the face, you may prefer a leather-soft and light spray, especially if you have sensitive skin, but for the body, most of us prefer a full and strong spray for body and hair. However, this feature is not necessarily decisive for you, so choose according to your needs.
What is the best way to save water in the RV shower?
There are a few things you can easily do to use less water.
- When you wash dishes, do it in a bucket. When you save the water, you can use it to flush the toilet instead of using clean water from the freshwater tank. This may sound extreme to some, but if you travel a lot in an RV, these things make a big difference.
- Buy a better RV shower head. The showerheads we looked at today save water by providing the same pressure with less water flow.
- Shower navy. This isn’t easy, especially when it’s cold, but it’s the most important thing you can do to save water. You can use a small space heater or Mr. Buddy to heat the bathroom before you shower, and it will be easier to get out after a navy shower.
- Cook less by preparing a meal. If you cook a big meal with leftovers for days, you won’t have to wash a lot of dishes every day, saving water.
- Use nearby restrooms. If you’re camping near a pit toilet, use it to save water.
An RV shower is actually among the things that encourage self-care while you are traveling on the road and every time you opt to go camping. This is why you should also consider looking for the best RV shower head that is most appropriate for your needs to give you a truly amazing experience anytime you decide to stay in your RV.
Figure out which of these shower heads listed here is able to offer you the desired control over water and pressure. This will definitely let you treat your RV as your second home with all the advanced conveniences that are included onboard.
FAQs RV Shower Head
You may use any standard shower head in an RV. Just take off your present shower head and mount the new one, but be careful about the flow rate. The flow rate will be one of the key considerations when picking the best shower head for an RV, as it influences the rinsing behavior. In various countries, there may be limitations on the flow rate to conserve water.
Newer replacement RV showerheads and many of the best RV showerheads typically deliver about 1.5 GPM or somewhere between 1.5 GPM and 2.0 GPM. You can find models that deliver more than 2.0 GPM, but it’s the minority these days.
Typically, models with a flow rate of about 1.5 to 2.0 GPM are a good choice because they don’t use a lot of water and still work efficiently. A conventional residential showerhead usually has a flow rate of 2 GPM or more, but such a high flow rate in your unit may not be desirable.
There is an increasing number of newer showerheads that have a flow rate lower than 2 GPM to comply with the latest regulations. In some U.S. states, such as California, New York, and Colorado, the flow rate of showerheads is limited to 2.0 GPM to conserve water, with many states tending to lower the maximum flow rate to below 2 GPM.